Where should my land trust send copies of new easements as required by Virginia Code § 10.1-1012?

Last modified: June 17, 2021
You are here:

Virginia Code § 10.1-1012 requires the following notification to VOF of new easements recorded by private land trusts and other organizations under the Conservation Easement Act:

Whenever any instrument conveying a conservation easement is recorded after July 1, 1988, the party responsible for recording it or his agent shall mail certified copies thereof, together with any attached plats and a notice specifying the date and place of recordation, to the commissioner of revenue for the local jurisdiction in which the real property subject thereto is located, the Director of the Department of Conservation and Recreation, the Virginia Outdoors Foundation, and to any other public body named in such instrument.

To meet this requirement, please mail the appropriate materials to:

Virginia Outdoors Foundation
600 East Main St., 4th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219

Was this article helpful?
Dislike 0
Views: 71